Wednesday, January 11, 2006

why he fears rejection? and why do i?

I read this blog on Murlov's site WHY I FEAR REJECTION

An amazing thing to read, though I must confess Murlov, I am not convinced with the answer. I have two reasons why I fear rejection

1) Internal belief in my own abilities: each success serves to boost my confidence in my abilities and I use success to feed my aspirations/desires. Hence I am fearful of failure. I know that the reason is not good enough, but thats how it stands.

2) External perception: perhaps this is where my shallowness surfaces. I am scared of how my failure with impact people's perception of me. "Inspite of all what he did, he never got into HBS". "Not Stanford material". This part worries me the most that I am concerned about external perception. Must work on this weakness of mine

Perhaps over the coming months, I will get to develop more ideas and views on this topic, but I will keep this thread alive. Post your feelings here?

-A

3 Comments:

Blogger sorebrek said...

Hey, welcome. The school list looks very similar to mine, except that I have a couple more on my list.

6:17 PM  
Blogger divinemissN said...

Wooohooo! Another Dutchie!!! Welcome to the MBA blogging world and the very best of luck with your apps. I applied last year to Stanford, but got no love whatsoever....

6:22 PM  
Blogger Ash said...

sigh...the rollercoaster ride of emotions has begun..with the high being hopes...and the low being fears..the next three months are gonna be tough !

8:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home