Saturday, January 14, 2006

What is a Wiki?

so I have been reading the ClearAdmit wiki for the last few days. And i was pondering on why they called it a wiki !!! (ofcourse at this point wikipedia did not pop into my mind)

And then i read this entry on what a wiki means.

Wiki is a piece of server software that allows users to freely create and edit Web page content using any Web browser. Wiki supports hyperlinks and has a simple text syntax for creating new pages and crosslinks between internal pages on the fly.
Wiki is unusual among group communication mechanisms in that it allows the organization of contributions to be edited in addition to the content itself
.

Interesting isnt it? Gosh working in the oil business I feel so removed from things out there. When I was in college, I was so on top of these things and now I feel like a rusting person.....
note to self: cant rust no more ! Nehow I think that CA's wiki is quite interesting and I would encourage you folks to contribute to it.

cheers
Ash

PS: anyone know of good tech podcasts I can listen to (driving to and back from work) to ensure that Im not "wikied" the next time !

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good podcasts are at Wharton school Publishing at http://www.whartonsp.com/promotion/2766 (I know it says "promotion" in the hyperlink but it in facts leads to a page with podcasts).

Another good source of podcasts is McKinsey Global Institute at
http://www.mckinsey.com/ideas/mgi/index.asp

4:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home