Monday, March 27, 2006

Gravity is a myth..the earth sucks !

That's exactly how i felt on the 4th day of my holidays.....while i was coming down a red run....and caught the front edge of my snowboard...

since i have started applying for B schools..this was the first time that I had that soaring feeling...unfortunately it was short-lived and the plummet below was inevitable....six feet high in the air, 4 feet laterally, doing trigonometry for a slope which had an angle of 60 degrees, that's another 7 feet vertically..and hence i came thundering down 13 feet...landing on my left shoulder...crunch....no bones broken..but i cannot lift my left arm ....woohooooo !

so hopefully from the law of averages this week should be nice...given that in the last week i suffered excruciating pain (which was offset by alcoholic binges)...but oh well...so here are the big days

1) 29th March - when I get my ding from HBS....no..im not one of those people who believes in last minute miracles...im a hard core pessimist.....will be extremely crushing as i read the ding (though as of now...it does not bother me)....but somehow I had always wanted to go to HBS (like many other people)....but i guess im not "HBS material".....c'est la vie

2) 30th March...Stanford decision...after my disastrous interview..im really scared...I did my masters (in engineering) there and i REALLLLLYY wanna get back on the farm...as from a personal point..its great too..cos my wife is from there too (she went to cal...hisssssss)...but that makes it easy for us to move back there as we already have lots of friends and family in the area...and our dog loves it there ! but....after my interview....i just dont feel good...

so here it is...the clock ticks...how will i react to my HBS reject...and what will I do if i get another rejection from Stanford...i dont know...but i hope to keep a straight face...as I need to be thankful for getting an admit at Wharton (an equally good school...just in a very cold place...and im getting a little tired of living in cold places)...

cheers
Ash OUT

3 Comments:

Blogger brownoski said...

GO BIG OR GO HOME! In a way, the injury shows that you are really living life to the fullest! Congrats again on W. That Riv08 post really freaked me out, I really hope it's some neurotic joke.

3:29 AM  
Blogger MBABlogger said...

Keep the faith Ash :)
hope ur arm is in good shape now

6:56 AM  
Blogger SgHama said...

Ash - you should have tucked your knees in and tried a front flip, miraculously stomping your perfect landing. I'm sure you will bounce back from your injury and keep riding so get well soon =) Don't worry about H/W - you're in at Wharton so you'll kick ass no matter where you end up

7:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home